It was in May 15th when I started to think that I need to go offline. So finally I decided to delete my Facebook and Instagram accounts on that day. These are two addictive and dopamine-inducing social media websites.
A week later
A bit of adjustment after a week. I began to think that most of my time spent on reading articles. I develop my habit of reading blogs as days are passing by, took a lot of photos, etc. I also began to read Wikipedia articles, Spanish news, watching YouTube tutorials and a lot more. I also listen to music and start to learn vocalization. In the long run, I became more active by signing up a gym membership.
A month later
Well after a month, I began to be organized. Not just checking my calendars but to be mentally active and focused on things that I need to attend. I try my best to keep on visiting some parts of Metro Manila that I used to visit when I was working as a field researcher back then. So long as I have enough.
I have other apps that I am using now. These are meetup and couch surfing. These apps are useful in meeting people. Know what's happening sorts of.
I challenge you to do the same thing. Delete Facebook and Instagram accounts. Let's start to go offline.
Jul 15, 2019
Dec 15, 2018
For those who are asking why I don't follow back to my followers, then this post will discuss my answers. I will let you know the reasons behind as well.
First, followers count doesn't matter to me. It's just a number that goes up and down. People come and go so followers do. In the world of social media, nothing is permanent.
Second, I want my following personalities to be highlighted, always! My loyalty belongs to them. I only follow two persons including Twitter. On my Facebook account, there are only two pages that I clicked the like button--Bro. Eli Soriano and kuya Daniel Razon.
Next, one reason why I don't follow back is because I don't compare myself to them. I don't want also to fish compliments on my account.
Lastly, to cancel out the noise. By not viewing other's posts and stories. Because not everyone matters to me.
I want my inspirations, aspirations and creativities be directed to what Bro. Eli and kuya Daniel are currently doing. Nothing more, nothing less. Well, if you could follow this brilliant style, then start unfollowing.
Nov 6, 2018
Believe it or not, we, Filipinos witness how serious President Duterte in his campaign for change. Even the World Bank declared our country, the Philippines as one of the fastest-growing economies in the world. Therefore, we are no longer a third-world country. Such label remains to some of us, Filipinos who are still stupid, therefore, I am writing this blog to tell some suggestions:
Hate me or not, I don't care.
- Stop this constant defense to anything such as "ganito talaga dito". That's very unacceptable.
- Being professional has nothing to do with your race, skin color, wealth, religion, health, work and age.
- Never be late! Most of us are coming late like 30 minutes without even notifying other people. That's very rude. Remember that time is gold.
- Be capable of answering "yes" or "no". Most of us answer "maybe". It's either you can or cannot. To decide is not hard.
- Be good in keeping commitments. Read the number three (3) above. We agreed to have meeting at 4pm on October 18. It was already 5pm and still waiting. I sent text, no reply. I called, no answer.
- Always be specific. If you are sending a report to via email and your boss asked you what time, be specific regarding what time are you sending an email. (What time in the afternoon? Baka mga 3 or 4 pm. What time 3 or 4 pm? 4pm.). No need to go through back and forth!
- Reply or confirm via chat, email, text messages, etc. I tried to send email, text messages to people I know personally, I got no replies at all. Listen, if you don't have access to Internet, it's not a problem. But, we are the Social Media capital of the world. We have the most number of Facebook users in the world, 67 millions! Start replying!
If we are dreaming to be one of the developed countries, our professional values, ways of doing business, interactions must be equally developed, too. We are a very rich country but stupid poor.
Hate me or not, I don't care.
Ipinaskil ni Gerry Yabes sa 11/06/2018 03:08:00 AM