Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Monday, September 18, 2023
For those who want to pursue acting, I highly recommend you to enroll for you to develop the foundation of acting. Certainly, theater arts will widen your world from multiple perspectives, while developing artistic skills and cultivating your capacities for collaboration, critical-thinking, creative problem-solving, and effective communication.
Monday, September 11, 2023
Monday, September 04, 2023
Monday, August 21, 2023
How to spot scammers in the acting business? Let me provide you some tips.
- Some productions collects payment. Just make sure you get official receipts the first time you pay. If not, that's a red flag. A legitimate acting workshop must be a business registered and that any money you pay should be issued an official receipts.
- Others don't ask you to pay for anything and that's a pro-bono. It means there's no talent fee. That's fine for the sake of exposure to the public viewing. May it be on YouTube or Facebook. Just go for this. Change it to your experience.
- Make sure that the production company you're thinking or planning to join has connections with people who are already in the industry. It is a must that the company should be able to produce a good set of setcards for your with a VTR and that you have a copy of these.
- Since I have been for over a year, make sure that they good camera not smartphones when shooting a scene for your project. Branded camera adds legitamcy of the production.
- Regardless of gender or sex, if a talent scouts ask you to send nude photos, that's a no-no.
Monday, August 07, 2023
In June 2023, this Facebook page posted about Tagalog language. It is being the third most widely spoken language in three states in the USA. I posted comments about it on Facebook comment section similar to the screenshot below.
Monday, July 24, 2023
Give yourself permission to feel sad. It's normal and healthy to grieve the loss of a relationship or a situation that mattered to you. Don't suppress your emotions or judge yourself for having them. Instead, acknowledge what you feel and find healthy ways to express it, such as writing, talking, or crying.
Reflect on the relationship realistically. Don't idealize the past or dwell on the negative aspects. Try to see the relationship as it was, with its strengths and weaknesses, and learn from the experience. Think about what you gained from it, what you learned about yourself and others, and what you want in the future².
Get closure by distancing yourself from your ex. If you're trying to move on from a romantic breakup, it's important to cut off contact with your ex until you're healed. This means unfollowing them on social media, deleting their number, and avoiding places where you might run into them. This will help you break the emotional attachment and focus on yourself¹.
Identify lessons you've learned that you can use in future relationships. Every relationship teaches us something valuable, even if it ends badly. Think about what you discovered about your needs, preferences, boundaries, and communication style. Use this knowledge to improve your relationship with yourself and others².
Keep yourself busy and do things you enjoy. Don't let your life revolve around your past. Find activities that make you happy and fulfilled, such as hobbies, sports, volunteering, or learning something new. These will help you boost your mood, distract yourself from negative thoughts, and build your confidence³.
Practice self-care and spend plenty of time with friends. Moving on can be stressful and exhausting, so make sure you take good care of yourself physically and mentally. Eat well, sleep enough, exercise regularly, and relax often. Surround yourself with supportive people who love you and make you laugh. Don't isolate yourself or bottle up your feelings³.
Source: Conversation with Bing, 6/9/2023
(1) How To Move On When You Still Love Him: 15 Ways Move ... - Love Strategies. https://lovestrategies.com/how-to-move-on/.
(2) How to Move On: 15-Steps to Help You Feel Better Move On - PsychAlive. https://www.psychalive.org/how-to-move-on/.
(3) How to Move On: Letting Go & Moving Forward After a Breakup - wikiHow. https://www.wikihow.com/Move-On.
(4) 3 Ways to Move on in Life - wikiHow. https://www.wikihow.com/Move-on-in-Life.
Monday, July 03, 2023
Last July 2022, after resigning my employment with Sutherland, I decided to explore the world of entertainment. So I did attend basic acting workship in Makati City under a certain production.
I also luckily got one of the casts of If tomorrow never comes, a BL series under the direction of DCTV production based in San Rita, Pampanga.We did tapings almost every weekend to make sure we have enough stories to tell to the audience. Most of the audiences are outside the Philippines.
Fast forward to August 2022, I met new people at another production for almost a month under A S production. Where I starred one of the shows.
With the Social Media house, KSMBPI in Quezon City, I was luckily being a member of it, until something fishy happened in November 30, 2022 during a show.
In December 2022, I meet new people who do vlogs and shorts on Facebook under Papatiks Entertainment. I got two-year contract but immediately abolished for some reason.
If you plan to join showbiz, make sure you're full equip with lots of acting workship and beware of scammers!
Monday, June 19, 2023
Here are some foods that are low in calories and can help you maintain a calorie deficit:
- Bell peppers
- Brussels sprouts
- Green beans
Monday, June 05, 2023
Last month, I did search for old bosses and colleagues through social media. I messaged them through Facebook. It's really good to know how a former employee like me reaching out to them.
Before I proceed, let me tell you something about this:
- Verify the contract information first;
- Make sure to keep your tone professional and friendly during the interaction;
- Remind them of your past work history. Doing so, will rekindle new opportunities'
- I am sure you did some accomplishments, mention it anyway since you work together;
- Make it personal;
- If you can, setup a meeting.