Last month, I did search for old bosses and colleagues through social media. I messaged them through Facebook. It's really good to know how a former employee like me reaching out to them.
Before I proceed, let me tell you something about this:
- Verify the contract information first;
- Make sure to keep your tone professional and friendly during the interaction;
- Remind them of your past work history. Doing so, will rekindle new opportunities'
- I am sure you did some accomplishments, mention it anyway since you work together;
- Make it personal;
- If you can, setup a meeting.
I did reach out to Bernard Piedad and Nestor Antonio via Facebook. There were my bosses during my first job at STI Ilagan from 2003 until 2008.
Trying to add friend request to Piedad on Facebook, a couple for christ member, but the latter declined. For some reason, I do not know. There may be something but I don't want to speculate.
I added Antonio as well, luckily he accepted it. Last time I heard about Antonio, he was listening to the program Ang Dating Daan in 2005.
I did reach out as well to Epigemio Roxas but no response at all. Good thing he accepted my friend request. But I am happy that Elmer Cadiz is a good one.
Also, I reached out to Dolly Aguilar on Facebook but still got no reply as of this writing. Dolly was my teacher in Database Management subject during my college days. She is now a school principal.